Life with braces
BEFORE INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA SEDATION
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight prior to your appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Draper prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Eating with brackets
- Scrambled/Soft Boiled Eggs
- Cream of Wheat
- Cottage Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes
- Ice Cream
- Canned/Potted Meat
- Smoothies/Protein Drinks
As a general rule: if you cannot mash it with the back of a plastic fork, DO NOT EAT IT!